WHY DO EXECUTIVE CONDOMINIUM APPEAL TO BUYERS?
- A status of achievement
- Necessities within arms’ reach
- Greater upside for capital appreciation
- EC cheaper than other Mass Market Condominium
- Luxurious amenities to enjoy within the development
- Foreigners are not allowed to buy EC directly from developers.
Income ceiling set at $14,000 and MSR of 30% set by the government. As such, EC developers are mindful of the affordability of the buyers who are eligible to purchase an EC.
Lower land costs (compared to mass market land sites). Prices for EC sites seem rather unaffected by the upward spiral of other private residential sites and have risen by a smaller margin. Over the past 2 year, bids have largely been range-bound between $300 and $350 psf per plot ration on average, which translates to an average selling price of between $730 to $800 pst (compared to $950 to $1,200 psf for mass market condominiums).
EC lands are mostly bidder by construction firms who are also developer. As such, there is no double layer profit between a developer & a construction firm.
Given these restrictions, EC are typically priced to a discount compared to nearby private condos. In recent months, the demand of new EC has, however, reached new highs, with units oversubscribed at launch.
WHY ARE EXECUTIVE CONDOMINIUM POPULAR?
A more in-depth analysis –
- Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) is NOT applicable.
- Seller’s Stamp Duty (SSD) is NOT applicable for EC as owners have to fulfill 5 years minimum occupation period (MOP).
- Deferred payment is available. 20% down payment, 65% upon TOP and final 15% upon legal completion.
- There is no restriction to invest in commercial/industrial property as long as there is no residential accommodation component in the commercial unit.
- Improved design and features. EC developers are now offering more to attract buyers wishing to upgrade to a ‘subsidized’ private residential lifestyle living.
- Great lifestyle (Enjoy the same lifestyle and facilities as other condominiums).
- Possible CPF Housing Grant $20,000/$30,000 for 1st Timers.
- Budget-friendly entry price (Lower quantum compared to mass market condominiums.
- Comparable, or better potential future capital appreciation to condominiums (more likely to be sold at a good profit after MOP).
- Can be sold under private property status after MOP of 5 years to Singapore Citizens and PRs, and to foreigners after 10 years – hence a larger pool of potential buyers.
- Good potential rental yield as design and facilities are similar to any private condominiums.
Read link comparison :-